Monday, April 13, 2015

Creating a Butterfly Garden

Flying Flowers...that's how I think of the brightly colored butterflies who grace my garden in the glorious summer months.  With their charm and whimsy, butterflies add a magical feel and ambiance to any landscape.  My goal of attracting a swarm of them to Sunnytime Farm led me to concoct the below planting scheme, composed of nectar-producing wildflowers and butterfly magnets such as Buddleia and Monarda.  My Bluestone Perennials order just arrived this past weekend, which means I'm now ready to complete the full installation of a large dedicated Butterfly Garden.

Plant List (clock-wise from left):
Coreopsis 'Creme Brulee'
Sedum 'Purple Emperor'
Shasta Daisy 'Becky'
Mondarda 'Raspberry Wine'
Echinacea 'Cheyene Spirit'
Yarrow 'Coronation Gold'
Crocosmia 'Red King'
Liastris 'Kobold'
Guara 'Whirling Butterflies'
Iris 'Harvest Memories'
Iris 'Orange Harvest'
Buddleia 'Miss Molly'
Agastache 'Golden Jubilee'   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails